Hello! I’m Ellen- wife to Seth (almost 10 years!) and mommy to Paisley (our spunky 6 year old first grader) and Brantley (our almost always happy 2 year old). Our lives and hearts are full; blessings, love and so much gratitude (and noise too…but that was a given, right?) 😉
My husband Seth is amazing. He is patient, encouraging, kind and the best Daddy to our two little ones. As if that wasn’t enough, he supports our family financially so that I am able to stay home with our children. This is an incredible blessing that I am extremely grateful to be able to do. It has not always been easy, but something that is very important to us and one we decided after Paisley was born that we wanted to continue as long as we have littles at home 🙂
My little girl Paisley is in first grade and will be 7 in May! She made me a Mommy and I was and am forever changed by it. She reminds me so much of myself sometimes it is like looking in a mirror. She is my strong-willed child. She can be very stubborn and hard-headed; in the same respect though she is very loving and caring and is always looking for ways to help others. She reminds me to love without abandon, say what you mean and always love Jesus.
My baby boy Brantley is two years old and my how the time goes so much faster with the second! He made me appreciate being a Mommy and I truly embrace more of the amazing mommy moments because of him. He is easy going and full of so much joy. He has more of Seth’s temperament, although he is showing us more of his opinions recently in the form of no and a few tantrums (I did mention he is two, right?). He is very sweet (his smile will melt your heart!), but also very active and loves to climb! He reminds me to show those you love you care, explore and learn new things and to be happy; choose joy.
Some things to know about me:
- I absolutely LOVE being a mom! It is an amazing gift and one I believe to be one of THE most important “jobs” there is! That being said it is also very different than what I had imagined in my pre-mommy days. Some days are hard and some are amazing…and some are both! It is an incredible journey of love and self discovery that of which I attempt to write about through this blog!
- I am a child of God and my faith is of utmost importance in my life! The gift of motherhood has strengthened my faith and love of Jesus. I see now so many of the connections I was missing before, so many of my posts will have references to the Bible and to God’s word and/or revelations that I have come to because of my growing faith. I do not however claim to be perfect in anyway. I am a Christian because I am NOT perfect, but need God’s guidance in this life journey. I love sharing what has encouraged me so that (hopefully) it will help others feel the hope and love of Christ also!
- I am a recovering perfectionist! 😉 I love to plan and organize, but this tendency to want things a certain way sometimes knocks me down. I am learning, through my faith, to take life as it comes and embrace the everyday!
- I do love fun planners and to-do lists (note the above) and still utilize these to make my life and home run a little more smoothly and efficiently. You may find some posts that I discuss organization and goal setting. This is not in an effort to discourage living in the everyday but as helpful tools that help with the day to day tasks of running a home and mothering. I also believe this practice encourages more family time and the ability to embrace the everyday through intentional living (however there are some days it all does get thrown out the window…just sayin’… and telling it like it is…) 😉
- I love to read! Especially uplifting books that encourage faithful and purposeful lives! One of my goals is to read 1-2 books a month that are relevant to this season in my life and living with intention! I am so excited to share what I am reading and my recommendations on here so that you too can join me in my “reading nook” where you can find out all about my top picks and current reads!
- I love being super crafty and working on fun home projects! Utilizing my creativity in this way is a great stress release for me and I love to be able to DIY and maybe save some money along the way. Find some of what I am working on under DIY 101 🙂
- Other fun things to know:
- I love creamer in my coffee and almost always have 2 cups every morning!
- If I happen to be in my local coffee shop I will be drinking a vanilla latte (YUM! My favorite and go-to!)
- I look for inspiring quotes and have a journal of my favorites that I do not want to forget!
- I love taking pictures and you might find me looking through old pictures just because…
- I am all about meaningful conversations (not really a small talk sort of person) and little moments that turn into big memories.
- Organized chaos is the theme of my life right now and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
- I am so glad you are here and I hope you join me on this journey of motherhood, faith and life! It is always more fun with friends…(and coffee or wine…kind of depends on the time of day) 😉 Welcome!
Why Mommy Happiness?
After having my 2nd child I was overwhelmed by the numerous emotions I was experiencing- my Type A personality wasn’t sure what to make of this new survival mode that I was thrown into. I had a newborn and a very needy 4 year old along with the hormonal roller coaster I was still riding from just giving birth. I was in love with my new little peanut but didn’t know how to balance it all; to do more than just “get through the day”. I started looking for the positives in each day, even if it was just ONE little thing that made me smile in an otherwise routine day. I started collecting my thoughts and insight for myself at first and decided this insight could offer hope for others as well. Finding this joy and purpose in motherhood has made a world of difference for me and I feel called to share it with others also.
Mommy Happiness is finding JOY in the everyday. Sometimes our lives are so routine and seemingly mundane that we may find there isn’t a purpose. Through this site are insights, help and encouragement to offer hope and friendship to all fellow mommies just trying to make it through the day, and hopefully rediscover how amazing, powerful and purposeful you are as a person and a mother! This is a place where thoughts, advice and stories come together to help us balance our everyday, motivate and inspire us so that we can choose JOY and find our Mommy Happiness. 🙂