The month that it all begins! January can be cold and dreary…if we let it. I like to think of January as a new beginning of sorts…those yearly goals you created (see mine here) can now be broken into bite sized pieces so they are more achievable and attainable. How exciting and life changing! My word for this year is Simplify so with that I decided I was going to stick with 3 goals (or monthly “bites”) under each life priority area for the year. I also usually do a recap of the last month’s goals first before I share the new month’s goals, but I decided I am going to keep this first monthly goals post of the year fresh and start with January 2016 goals 🙂
So here are my January 2016 goals:
- Schedule and have a family day this month. We have set the date and it is going to be Saturday, January 23rd…not sure what we are going to do yet, but I am looking forward to it! Stay tuned next month in the recap 🙂
- Leave “love notes” to the kids. This will be a spur of the moment thing, but I am excited to start it as I think my 5 year old will especially love it!
- Start my motherhood journal. I have started this and as of now I record in it before bedtime. I love thinking about something positive I experienced with each of my kids and writing it down…it really only takes about 5 minutes too!
- Schedule and have a date night- Seth plans this month! This is actually tonight! Seth’s company Christmas party is tonight (they always have it in January after the holiday busy season) so we are counting it as date night since we have childcare, it is kid free and we are having dinner and drinks…should be fun!
- Follow through with connecting at night after the kids go to bed. Sometimes this can be tricky as our 18 month old is struggling right now with going to sleep on his own…so sometimes we are heading right to bed after kids are in bed and/or not really sleeping much. It will get better and hopefully by the end of the month we are in more of a night time routine.
- Leave a “love note” to Seth. Looking forward to coming up with something unexpected and that makes him smile. 🙂
- Health- Attend 3 Jazzercise classes/week and drink 6+ glasses of water/day.
- Schedule and block out rest and reading time each week. I have scheduled it so far, but it has not been followed through on completely due to Brantley not wanting to sleep at naps, etc….again this will get better and I still wanted to write it here in hopes that it happens by the end of the month.
- Reading- Finish the motherhood devotional I am currently reading and start “Becoming More that a Good Bible Study Girl” by Lysa Terkuerst. I am taking the online bible study through Proverbs 31 ministries so I love that they were offering it right when I wanted to start reading the book and I already had the book! This will continue through February since the study goes through the first week of March. I plan to write more reading posts updating you all on all these good reads 🙂
- Attend mass on the Solemnity of Mary- January 1st. I know this is a 4th “bite” and I said only three in each area but the holy days are an exception as they happen when they happen so I will be trying to attend them when they come up.
- Create a new, more manageable cleaning schedule. I am going to try to play around with what days and times work for the various weekly and monthly cleaning I need to do….what we have going on right now is not much and I would like to get the cleaning done, but make it a more simple approach and not stress me out so much!
- Get an estimate for new windows and come up with a plan to save and pay cash for them. Seth is going to call this week to make an apt for someone to come out and give us an estimate! I am ready to get the ball rolling on this as we have needed new windows since we moved in over 3 years ago!
- Organize and clear out clutter in our bedroom. I am going to focus on an area for my books and throwing out old papers. Also clearing out our closet, dressers and going through all of my jewelry. I wanted to start in the bedroom since it is supposed to be a place of rest…I want the clutter and excess out so it can once again be a sanctuary for us. I am going to block out an entire day to focus on this goal and then it will be done!
- Start my blogging planner. Writing out goals and planning posts in my specific blog planner so I can be more consistent in posting and reaching out.
- Reading: “How to Blog for Profit without Selling your Soul” by Ruth Soukup. My number one goal is to reach out and encourage others regardless of income, however the potential to earn money is there and I want to find out more about it and what I can do to possibly bring in some extra income and to make my blog better and reach out more to others.
- Figure out a consistent work/posting schedule and follow through on it. This is probably one of the hardest parts of blogging. I want to post and write at certain times but sometimes my mommy duties override that…I will keep plugging away to figure out what works best!
What is your top goal for January? I love to hear what your goals are…please inspire me by leaving a comment below!!