A new month and a fresh start! I love the “clean slate” that a new month offers…I really do feel more motivated and a chance to renew myself and my goals every month. February was a little rough and had some unexpected happenings for our family; illness, etc. This led to a completely revamped calendar and many times of being thrown into survival mode. While I try to be flexible and understand that life sometimes happens, I am looking forward to getting back on track with a new month and MARCH into it with a new skip in my step and purpose in my outlook 🙂 (If you yourself are in or have found yourself in survival mode check out my post about it this last month that includes 3 Ways to Thrive Despite the Struggle…..Also if you want to check out my goal post from last month- here it is- Feb 2016 Goals (plus a recap of my January Goals) )
So here is a recap of where I am at with February goals-
Schedule and have a family day this month! We are planning on Sunday February 14th as our family day this month…stay tuned next month for a recap on what we do!–Yes! Valentine’s Day was our family day! The kids had a few little gifts waiting for them at breakfast and we went to Lowe’s (more for mommy and daddy but there are fun racecar carts there!) and Burger King to eat lunch and play at the play place! (Paisley’s pick) 🙂 Leave “love notes” for the kids. I am excited for this and have already started…I am leaving a heart on each child’s bedroom door each night with a “conversation heart” type of message every day until Valentine’s Day.Yes! This was fun because Paisley really got into it and was excited each morning to see what her heart said…while Brantley didn’t quite “get it” he still loved going over to the doors and touching the hearts <3
- Start organizing school papers and photos in the basement. I have so many piles of papers, photos and artwork…I am decluttering our basement office this month so I plan to start to organize these papers also.-This did not happen….I did clear all the paper work out of the basement office, but now it is sitting in piles in the basement *sigh* it will get done eventually….
Schedule and plan a date night out. It is my turn to plan it this month 🙂 Stay tuned next month to what our next dating adventure will be!– Yes! Seth and I went to the annual Taste of the Arts dinner and auction held at our church to support the pre school there. Paisley attended the pre school and Brantley will also…it is always delicious and a good time supporting a great cause! 🙂
- Follow through with connecting at night after the kids go to bed. This has been tough to do, but I (we) are determined to get in at least 10-20 minutes of conversation or tv time together!– I would say this one is a yes and no…we can’t make this work every night but we have tried to make more of an effort…I think next month I am changing it a bit….we do talk after the kids go to bed but it isn’t always completely devoted talking time…usually we are finishing up other tasks.
Leave a “love note” to Seth. Since this month it is Valentine’s Day I have an idea that I will actually be posting here on the blog. Check back to see what it is all about 😉Yes! I wrote Seth an open letter and published it on the blog…if you would like to read it click here.
- Health- Attend 3 Jazzercise classes/week and drink 6+ glasses of water/day. I am going to keep plugging away at this goal. I saw some progress last month so a little at a time! This is another goal that is a yes and no….I did make it to 3 classes maybe one of the weeks but then another week (because of family illness) I didn’t make it to any…and usually I can get 5 glasses but not always 6…work in progress!
- Continue to block out my (almost daily) morning quiet times and rest-reading times each week. I would ideally like to have 2 rest-reading times during the week other than the morning times, but some weeks it might just be one (which is better than none!) *I am making this a priority as part of my Simplify 2016. I see so much of a difference in my attitude and demeanor if I give myself this time! Another yes and no….most weeks I got all my morning times in although there were some early wake up days for Brantley that kept me from it….I also got at least one reading time in a week…usually Sunday afternoons, but one weekend I did not.
Continue “Becoming More” book and online bible study through Proverbs 31 Ministries and start “Simply Tuesday” book (I will be updating my reading posts on what looks to be an amazing read! Watch for it!)–Yes! Well I will finish the Becoming More bible study this week and have started the Simply Tuesday book so I am on track with this one!
- Work on creating a more manageable cleaning routine/schedule. I am currently trying out different cleaning days and tasks etc. I do better with a schedule for cleaning since I know what needs to be done and what hasn’t been done- this is actually to simplify my life also believe it or not- then I don’t have to really think about it (once I find something that works for me!)-Yes and no….I am in the process of this one…I think I am figuring it out but testing it out to make sure and then will be more able to check it off….so in progress for now!
Declutter and organize the basement office area. This room is somewhat of a catch all right now, but houses a desk, craft items and papers/photos etc. I want to make the space more useable for us and make a work area for me. This is going to take me at least a whole weekend and will be a huge project. Wish me luck!– Yes! This did take a whole weekend and then some! And to be quite honest I still have some items in the basement that I am trying to sell and/or donate plus the paperwork but I am marking it off since the space is so much more useable now! (I am making a clearing remaining clutter and paperwork goal for March!) *Doing a blog post on this simplify project soon!
- Save the rest of the money needed to pay for our new windows and window installation in cash. We are getting all new windows and sliding glass door in about 8 weeks. We need a little less than half and are very determined. 🙂– This is a work in progress….we are saving and putting even spare dollars away for this project…we are very determined to pay in full with cash! 😉
Finish reading “How to Blog for Profit without Selling your Soul” by Ruth Soukup andstart many of the e books that I have downloaded and printed about various blogging topics. Yes I finished Ruth’s book, but no I have not started reading the e books….on the list for this month! Work on getting a consistent work time/posting schedule. This is a constant goal as my weeks are so different based on what the kids have going on, but trying out different times of the day is good to see what works best…remembering to be flexible is key with this goal also! 🙂 –Yes! I think I may have finally found a schedule that works well for me! I get up just a wee bit earlier and I have work time every morning after my reading/devotional time…plus a few other afternoons and half a day on the weekends…this has been working pretty well so far and the consistency helps me so much!
- Start a Facebook page for my blog!– Not yet, but this is something that is on my plan for this week or next….stay tuned! 🙂
And here are my March 2016 Goals:
- Schedule and plan a Fun Family Day in March! We are not sure of exactly when or what we are going to do….we are thinking Friday March 18th because Paisley has off from school (and then Seth can possibly take off from work)…and we have a few different ideas of what to do but haven’t narrowed it down yet…stay tuned!
- Make “Lucky” 4 leaf clovers for each of the kids with why I am ‘lucky’ to have them in my life. This is my special note to them this month…I will post pictures next month in the recap!
- Make felt boards for the kids and hang them in the play room. This has been a project I have been wanting to do for awhile…it will be my first DIY post on the blog also! 🙂
- Extra- Attend Good Friday mass together as a family. (and possibly Holy Thursday…)
- Go on a date night/day with Seth. He plans this month! (We are going this Saturday on a day date!) 🙂
- Make Seth a “Lucky” 4 leaf clover and write the reasons I am lucky to have him in my life. This is my special note to him this month. <3
- Follow through on ‘connecting time’ in the evenings…at least 2-3 times/week make a “date” to watch tv, have a drink or chat….and no phones during this time! I am changing this goal a bit to make it more doable and work with the season of life we are in right now….Brantley still takes awhile to put down so it makes for a late night sometimes….although we have moved dinner time up so now bedtime is getting earlier too!
- Start a new work-out program at home! My goal this first month is 4-5 workouts/week. I am excited to start this new adventure 🙂 It was getting so hard to leave the house at the times the classes were offered at the Jazzercise center, although I loved it when I got there it was hectic to be gone and for the length of time that it was…so I ordered a program that I can do shorter workouts but maybe more often each week…and I can make my workouts fit my schedule instead of making my schedule fit the workouts!
- Drink 6 or more glasses of water/day and try at least one “clean eating” recipe each week. Along with this work out program I ordered comes a lot of instruction on clean eating and nutrition. I know myself well enough to know that I would totally stress out if I tried to change all our eating right away so I am going to slowly ease into it with one recipe a week. 🙂
- Finish the “Becoming More” book and bible study (this week!) and continue to read “Simply Tuesday” by Emily Freeman.
- Extra- Attend confession sometime before Easter.
- Continue to work on a more manageable cleaning schedule and system. I think I am making some headway with this goal and am hoping next month to be writing a post about what works for me and maybe some ideas so others can benefit also!
- Clear the remaining items/clutter from the basement….sell and/or donate items.
- Collect all of the documents and papers needed to get our taxes done…contact our tax guy to make an apt and get the ball rolling with getting them done. I have called and we are heading in there Saturday morning before our date….it is always a good feeling to drop all of it off and be done with it!
- Continuing- Save the rest of the money needed to pay for our new windows and window installation in cash. We are getting all new windows and sliding glass door in April so we would like to be done saving by the end of March!
- Start a facebook page and an Instagram account for the blog.
- Go through the e books I have printed; organize them, read at least 2 and implement what I can at this time.
- Work on the SEO plug-in for the blog and update my older posts.
- Extra- If I have time this month: Read “Money Making Mom” by Crystal Paine.
If you want more information on how I set my goals here are two blog posts worth checking out!
I would love to hear about what you have planned for the new month! What is one of your favorite goals heading into March?