May marks so many endings; graduations, the school year and sport seasons to name a few. But it also marks many beginnings; confirmations, summer vacation and new adventures.
We have many family birthdays in May also, including my daughter Paisley who will be 6 on the 27th of this month! It is such a ‘full’ month and it is easy to get thrown into survival mode and just “get through it”. But I urge you to take time and savor the moments, because they are fleeting. Do not get caught up in so much of the small details, but take in the small moments. Do not feel obligated and rushed, but remind yourself to be grateful to be a part of it and slow down. Do not cry over the ending, but smile at the beginning.
Even though May is packed full of events, activities and celebrations I hold true to my goals to help me stay focused and moving forward with what I want my life to be according to the priority areas I determined for this season of my life. Because of the extra in the month I have pared it down somewhat so I do not feel discouraged or overwhelmed with what I want to accomplish because there is so much more going on.
If you want more information on how I set goals and the process I take to get there click here.
And to see what last months goals were click here- April 2016 Goals
- Have a family day this month. (This is an activity we do just the four of us…planning something special and memorable!)
- Write special love notes to the kids. (This is a recurring goal every month and so far I have held to it and done it each month! And each month has been different and unique…check out the pic below for April’s love notes! Keep in mind that each of my kids and I have a special song- Paisley~ You are my Sunshine and Brantley~ Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
- Celebrate Paisley’s birthday with a family birthday party and a friend birthday party…both at our house. (This one involves a few other goals and lists to get done, but the main goal is to celebrate and that will be my focus in moving forward! Simple, easy, but fun and special is my motto! Stay tuned for a party post sometime in the next month or so! The theme is Hello Kitty!)
- Plan and have a date night out. Seth is supposed to plan this one. (We have been trying to figure this out and I am not sure we will be able to do it…any time that works for us does not work with anyone that could watch the kids…we will keep trying, but it might be an extra “date night in” this month!)
- Write a special love to Seth. (This is like the kids’ love notes, but a little different since it is to Seth…see the picture below for what I did in April for him! Keep in mind that this was for his birthday also so it was a little extra 😉 but the love notes were the heart coupons on the 6 pack…all were for something that he never takes the time to do for himself…like some of his favorite things such as fishing. He also has not gotten a hunting license the last few years so that is one of them also! And one of his love languages is beer so… 😉 )
- Continue our weekly date nights in. We do this on Tuesday evenings, after the kids are in bed. We both get a glass of wine, watch HGTV (something we both enjoy watching and it is usually one of our fav shows- Fixer Upper) and catch up on conversation.
- Work out 4-5 times a week and start early morning workouts instead of fitting them in later in the day. (Since starting at-home workouts I can fit them in when it works for me and early morning ensures I get a workout in instead of being tired or having other responsibilities that “sneak” in and take my work out time.)
- Finish the 3 books that I have started reading! (Yes I know…3 books! This is the most I have read at once in a very long time! Simply Tuesday I started several months ago and am just now finishing up…it is a “thinking” read so I can usually only read 1 chapter at a time and “life” happened after I started reading it so I didn’t get as much reading time as I had planned/5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn’t Quit is a book and study I am taking through Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies so that is why I started and am almost finished with that one/I also started Hope Unfolding because the author is showing short videos on facebook that correlate with each chapter and I wanted to follow along with the book. I most likely will not continue reading this many at a time next month, but want to focus on 2 books a month after this month! I also plan on catching you all up on my book recommendations soon…once I finish all.these.books!) 😉
- Apply the “Make Over Your Evenings” course ideas and goals to my evening routine. (I was beyond excited to hop on board with Crystal’s newest online course since I loved the “Make Over Your Mornings” course and this one does not disappoint! I will be doing a update on how much these courses have changed my life soon!) If you would like more information on the course click here: Make Over Your Evenings (Note: this is an affiliate link…read our disclosure policy here )
- Finish the entire window project; everything done and paid for. (This has been a project that has lasted way longer than we had anticipated…we have saved all the money needed for it and are just waiting on completion…we are so happy to have paid cash for it all…again a post will be coming soon!) 🙂
- Pay 1/3-1/2 of the remaining school loan debt off. (Our debt pay off has been put on hold somewhat due to the window project, but we are getting back on track here this summer and hope to pay off this much if not all by fall!)
- Plan and eat 2 or more clean eating recipes per week. (I have loved learning new recipes and feeling better about what we are eating…I started with one “clean eating” recipe a week last month, so I wanted to increase it! And actually some weeks we have more than 2 of these recipes planned…and who knew these recipes were so easy?!? Seriously I can get these dinners made a lot faster than some of my other “not so clean” meals!…see the pic below for some of the deliciousness we have been enjoying!)
- Go through the “Make Over Your Evenings” course, complete it. Blog and post about my progress and how it has helped me. (I talked about this above also, but it really is a personal and professional goal to go through this course…I encourage you to check out Crystal’s courses…they are so helpful, but so not overwhelming!) Click here for more info- Make Over Your Evenings!
- Continue to write and publish 1-2 posts per week. (I would love to get 2 posts a week and usually attempt and plan to, but it has been a 1 post a week month so far….still making the goal though, right?! And I also write out my newsletter every week…if you aren’t signed up for my exclusive weekly email you can do so at the bottom of this post! Weekly encouragement sent straight to your inbox with links to that week’s posts! You won’t be disappointed!)
- Continue to post one or more times per day on facebook and Instagram. Sign up with Bloglovin’. (I have recently found the ‘schedule’ option on facebook which is amazing! I also just recently heard of Bloglovin’ which is a place where it is all about blogs and you can follow all of your favorite ones! I am excited to get started on it!)
I hope I have inspired you to start some goals of your own!
What are some of your goals for the month of May?