Have you ever had a week where you felt like you were riding on a roller coaster of emotions? The up’s and then the down’s are so back and forth that you end up exhausted and worn out? This week left me with some incredible high’s but then lead to eventual low’s also…some of this was self inflicted as I let my feelings dictate some of my reactions, which lead to more low’s. But it more or less was the fact that my expectations did not match the outcomes of certain situations. I felt let down, frustrated and defeated.
It is ok to have these feelings, but it is the choice to either let them continue to hold you down or the choice to go on and move forward that either makes or breaks you. So I am choosing to release the outcome of situations and events…choosing to let go of the end result. I will do what I can do leading up to that and knowing that is all I really can do and that is ok. This gives me strength and purpose, but doesn’t drag me down and eventually burn me out…this letting go lifts me up and gives me strength. I can focus on the work of ‘doing’ in the right now and do all I can to make it the best I can do; and give the results and outcomes to God. I can plant the seeds but I can’t make them grow; I can do God’s work and let God do the rest. I can’t control it all and knowing this and living this gives me strength beyond what I had before…
I talk more about this in my weekly encouraging newsletter this week…if you haven’t signed up please consider doing so as I write exclusively to my email club members and I would love for that to be you!! Look to the bottom of this post or the top of the home page for the sign up box (and don’t forget to confirm your subscription with the first email sent to you or you won’t receive the other emails!)
- Love in a Box!- This amazing stack of books came this last week and I was beyond excited! I am totally old school and like to hold an actual book…love to look at the cover of a book and read actual pages. I am a self proclaimed book nerd and have always loved reading, but had fallen out of the habit of reading due to college, jobs and kids. I am making it a priority again and this was the latest Amazon order I placed. No matter that I have about seven books in my stack already…you can never have too many books, right? 🙂 Look forward to some fun reading posts soon! (The top book I am starting on Monday and am also doing the online bible study through Proverbs 31 Ministries! Join the study here!)
- Pop of Springtime Color- Despite the almost fall/winter climate lately, and our lack of yard upkeep and landscaping, these tulips have emerged and made their annual springtime presence known! They add a small, yet powerful pop of color that makes a huge difference in our front yard. They make me smile and remind me to keep going despite the obstacles and to enjoy the little things, for they can make the biggest difference!
- Featured Blogger!- So I was beyond excited this week to be announced as the “featured blogger” for Blogelina, a website geared toward helping bloggers learn more about blogging, interact with each other and find blogging success. Last year at this time I took an online class through Blogelina to help me start my website and learn more about blogging, while I still have much to learn, I was thrilled to be the featured blogger almost exactly a year later! I have also made some connections with other bloggers (since being featured) that I am learning from and forming the blogging friendships that I was missing before 🙂 Click here to read the post!
- The Cast is Off! – While we still have a long road to full recovery this little girl’s cast is off and we are embarking on the journey slowly but surely! She had yet another obstacle as she was feverish and somehow contracted strep throat (again!) the day before we were to get the cast off (you can not tell in this picture that she didn’t feel well!), but she is now on meds and feeling better! She is looking forward to walking and eventually dancing again soon! Plus we are hoping the summer offers relief to our immune systems as we have put them to work this school year!!
- Friday Family Time!- It was time for some family time after a long week! We ate popcorn, watched a movie and ordered pizza! It was nice to laugh, relax at home and (for me!)- not have to make dinner! I don’t think this family night did much for my “clean eating” diet I have been trying to follow, but everyone needs a cheat day right? 😉