This acronym is a simple, yet effective way to transform your life. Do you want joy? I think we all do. Do we all have joy? Probably not.
This acronym is going to be my simple, yet effective reminder of how to tailor my weeks and days as far as schedule, priorities and giving myself grace….I am going to try it out this week and will be updating you. I am going to go into more detail in my weekly newsletter! If you are not aware I send out a weekly encouraging letter to all my subscribers that also includes links to recent posts! If you would like to have a weekly dose of encouragement (who doesn’t?!) then click either at the bottom of this post or on the home page of the blog to join the email club! 🙂
Another way to experience joy is through gratitude and coming up with my top five each week has really helped me focus on the things the truly make me happy and bring joy. Here are my top five from this week (in no particular order):
- Easter– I wrote this about Easter and what it truly means on facebook/instagram and wanted to share it here too: Easter is the culmination of everything that a Christian believes…it is renewal…it is life…it is hope…without Easter our faith would mean nothing…we wouldn’t have our faith and we wouldn’t have hope.
This Easter allow Jesus to fill you…your mind, body and soul. Let Him guide you on how to live your life and open your heart to Him and to helping others, especially those in need.
Let this Easter be one that truly changes you by the incredible gift of faith and life Jesus offers and feel incredible peace and joy in the glory of His presence. For He is risen and He is the way, the truth and the life for all who believe, there WILL be everlasting life.
#Easter #Heisrisen #Heisalwaysthere #Youareloved #Youareforgiven #mommyhappiness / And the day spent with family was also top five material! 😉
- Weekday date night– Sometimes date night is a simple Tuesday night, a glass of wine and watching one of our favorite TV shows (Fixer Upper!)…and the fact that we finally got the kids to bed earlier, which we had not been able to do for a few weeks, was pretty amazing too!
- One on one Time with Miss P– So I don’t get to spend time with just Paisley very much. Her last day of spring break was Monday so during Mr B’s naptime we watched a movie (Barbie-P’s pick) 😉 and ate jellybeans (my pick!) 🙂 It was great to make a spur of the moment decision to do something fun together, just the two of us! IMG_4953
- This boy’s language explosion– He “talks” to us so much these days! He knows all of his letters and when he tells us something he is very expressive with his hands and face. It is so entertaining to watch and I can’t help but smile and take it all in when he starts telling us a story or reading a book out loud to himself. Click on the link (IMG 4953) to the video above to hear a bit of him reading his bible.
- The right words at the right time– Have you ever happened upon a quote, a verse, a song or an article that is almost an answer to a prayer? I have and I did…this week. I shared a few posts on my facebook page that ‘spoke’ to me this week and then I ran across the quote above today. I think it was a beautiful reminder of what I need to focus on right now. <3
What were your Top Five of the week? Share 1 or even all 5 with us in the comments below!!