This focus on happy and joy has an amazing effect on my soul. I truly love listing my favorite events, happenings, pictures and/or ideas from the past week. This focus drives me to think more positively and (usually!) not ‘sweat the small stuff’! I am a worrier by nature and it is easy for me to get caught up in little details that bring me down and cause undue stress. I have to be honest that one of my goals this week was just to survive! It seemed that we had a lot going on and I just wanted to get through it and be on the other side of the constant going to be able to pause for a moment. But again I am reminded that the ‘going’ is a choice and we can slow down despite the hustle….you will see in some of my top moments below that I was able to slow, breathe and take it in.
Were you able to do that this week? If not, try it…I promise there are small moments that are there…sometimes you just have to pause and focus on those little glimmers of joy in your everyday <3
Here are my Top Five of the Week (in no particular order):
- This picture. – If you follow me on facebook and/or Instagram, you may have seen it already, but it just makes me smile. I have been struggling with feeling unpresent (is that a word?!) with my kids…I stopped the ‘doing’ to just ‘be’ with them (and my husband) in order to dye Easter eggs last weekend. The expressions on their faces are priceless and I love the way they look at each other. Now my everyday moment has become a priceless memory <3
- Mommy time. – I am a huge advocate for Moms to get a little time each day for themselves. It might not be but 10-15 minutes (and most likely at home!), but it is so important to fill your cup. If you don’t fill your own cup just a little, it is so much harder to fill those that you are taking care of. I chose to fill my cup last weekend at a local coffee shop in town (yes I got to get out of the house by myself!) and take in some much needed reading time and conversation with a friend a bit later also. It was amazing and I made sure to tell my husband that I would be ok with making this at least a weekly thing 😉 …getting out of the house to drink coffee and read- Heaven! 🙂
- Getting my Fitness Back On. – I have had trouble getting into a regular workout routine. I decided to opt for at home workouts for the time being as it works better for this season of my life. However with Paisley’s accident and the family being sick I did not get to work out and I have been out of it for a few weeks. This week I was able to make it a more regular thing (almost daily!) and I feel so much better to be moving again. I took this picture after my first workout…because #goals. 😉
- A Boy and his Trains. – Do you ever just sit and watch your kids? I think when they start to play on their own it is one of the most amazing things. I took Brantley to story time this week and he was eyeing this train table the entire time, but didn’t go over to it until later. He chose other toys during the play time and waited until the table had cleared before he went over and was completely engrossed in it. I loved watching him and so this was definitely a top five moment of the week!
- Focusing on Presence with my Kids. – I had a lot of reflection this week on how and why I was slipping in being/feeling present with my kids. I chose to focus on it and I found ways and reasons why and also how much more joy I feel when I am just with my kids as opposed to doing all the time with my kids. It is all about balance and although some days are harder than others, I give myself grace and move on. You can read more about my thoughts on this here- How I am Learning to be Present with my Kids.
Another important focus this week is that it is Holy Week. As I type this I am thinking of Good Friday and the ultimate sacrifice that was given for all of us. I think we could all benefit from taking some small moments today to take this in, to ponder what it means for us and for all who believe and to realize how much we are loved. And then to live out our lives following Jesus <3
What was your focus this week? What was one (or all five) of your top things this week? 🙂